Mentor UMC is looking for a part time Office Assistant to live into the church’s mission “to lead all onto a path of Christ-centered discipleship” through their work in our church office. The ideal candidate must be a flexible, highly organized and friendly professional with a deep commitment to relationship building and customer service. They should enjoy meeting and interacting with people, thrive on working with a variety of personalities and projects, and have strong attention to detail. This person assists the Office Manager and Communications Specialist with the administrative needs of the church and must exhibit courtesy, cooperation & confidentiality in all dealings with members of the congregation, staff and community. This position requires flexibility in job routine and the ability to work as a team member in a collaborative environment.
Hours: 15-20 per week with Mondays being a required day in the office. The ability to work additional hours if need, especially for office coverage and holidays is strongly desired.
• Associates degree or completion of Administrative Certificate or Program in a business related field preferred.
• 2-4 years in an administrative secretary position, or 3-5 years of related work experience.
• Strong organizational skills, proficiency in office procedures and a working knowledge of computers and software.
• Resourceful and proactive in solving problems and answering questions.
• Proficient, advanced preferred, word processing and spreadsheet programs including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook. Regularly use the internet. Familiar with and willing to cross train on social media platforms.
• Communicate effectively demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills. Organize, plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines. Has acute attention to detail.
• Respond to requests and responsibilities in a timely fashion and accurately.