Starting this month, we will have a monthly prayer focus.
For September, the focus will be the Opioid/Heroin epidemic.
As a church, if each of us would devote time daily to pray for this overwhelming problem, we could see
amazing answers to prayer. Prayer is work and it takes time, are you
willing to take on this prayer challenge?
Some suggestions of how to pray:
• Please protect our loved ones from addictions to any drug, including
• Please free those held captive to drugs. Jesus said he came to set the
captives free and that means anything that we are in bondage to that is
• Remove any enablers from our loved ones’ lives. Remove any that
perpetuate the use of these substances and influence our loved ones.
• Put Godly people in our loved ones’ path to be a positive influence.
• Enable those, by Your great power, who want freedom to ask for Your help
and to believe You have the power to help them.
• Help every mother, father, sister, brother, grandparent who are praying
for a loved one to be free, to never to give up. Give them the strength to
persevere in prayer and find hope in You.
• Pray for those who grieve because they have lost loved ones from drug
use or who live in the fear of the danger of drug use in their family.
Jesus, thank you that you can take a life riddled by addiction, take away
the desire for any addictive substance and give a heart that desires You
and finds fulfillment in You. With God all things are possible. Amen
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come, the old has
gone, the new is here.” 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Nancy Landerholm