Mentor UMC will hold a weekend Bible Conference on October 26-28. Nationally known Bible teacher, author, singer and songwriter Michael Card will present the Gospel of Luke (the Gospel of Amazement). The conference is Friday night and Saturday and includes the concert on Sunday evening. We are happy to bring Michael Card from his hometown of Nashville to Mentor and invite you to come and learn from his engaging teaching of Scripture and enjoy his gift of music. The early registration cost of $73.00 per person includes the conference and concert. Concert only tickets are also available. Contact Pastor Bev Wrobel at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note that tickets are purchased directly through the Michael Card website. Be sure to select the tickets for Mentor, Ohio.
Bearing Fruit that Lasts is the quadrennial theme for Annual Conferences 2017-2020. Our guiding scripture for those years is the Common English Bible translation of John 15:1-17.
Annual Conference 2018 – June 11-14, 2018
Bearing Fruit that Lasts: Called will focus on John 15:13-17 as we explore what it means to be called and equipped as followers of Jesus Christ.
Click here to view the website and watch live streaming of sessions.
– Ice cream sundae bar, brief program and mission project (making a variety of simple Christmas ornaments for Red Bird Mission) – 2:00 PM-4:00 PM in Fellowship Hall, students 5th grade and older are welcome with an adult
– Meet in the parking lot near the Gallery to carpool at 9:20 AM, serve 10:00 AM-noon, return to church around 12:30 PM – must be pre-registered so please RSVP by August 17
We will be Packing and Sorting – helping sort and repack non-perishable food that has been recently donated. It is later distributed to local food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters.
Use this link to begin the registration process:
Click here to start registering.
• Scroll down and click on TUESDAY – REPACKING on Tuesday, August 21 (be sure you choose REPACKING, not Retail Repack)
• Mouse over the “10:00 AM to 12:00 PM” slot and click on the green “Sign Up” button to register
• Follow any other prompts to complete your registration. You should receive a confirmation email from the Food Bank when your registration has been submitted.
• If you wish to carpool from church, please contact Carole Ring (info below) so we can plan for enough transportation
Mentor United Methodist Church is celebrating its 200th year!
Celebrating the past, living in the present, building for the future.
Exciting events centered around our bicentennial are listed below.
Cornerstone is a new take on fellowship.
Cornerstone is for all ages and all stages of faith-life here at MUMC,
from children to teens to grown-ups (and not-so-grown-ups)!
Cornerstone provides opportunities for fun, spiritual fulfillment and service to others
in an atmosphere of Christ-centered discipleship.
That’s our mission.
See our trip to the Warther Museum below:
As we continue to move through the Prayer Jesus taught us to pray, we come to the phrase “thy will be done”. God’s plans for us are greater than anything we can imagine. Herein, we have to trust that His eternal will is good and He knows what we need. Jesus prayed this in the Garden of Gethsemane and He is our example in all of life. So when we pray, “thy will be done”, we are surrendering our will and trusting in our loving merciful, gracious, just, almighty God!
Mentor United Methodist Church is now registered with AmazonSmile Foundation as a charitable organization.
When you shop at AmazonSmile smile.amazon.com 0.5% of the price of the eligible purchases are donated to Mentor United Methodist Church.
There is no cost to the church and no additional cost to you. The shopping experience is identical to Amazon.com with the added benefit of a donation to Mentor United Methodist Church.
It is easy to get started visit smile.amazon.com and select Mentor United Methodist Church.
Each time you shop remember to start at smile.amazon.com and 0.5% of your purchase will be donated to Mentor United Methodist Church.
Read our monthly newsletter here: